Yamaha Nathan East 6 String

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bernie Connors, Jul 15, 2004.

1. There's a pic of it in this month's Bass Player. I suggest you check it out. It's a very nice looking bass. I really hope they make a production model of it. :hyper:
  2. Bernie, you're right, it's a beautiful bass! So the model is called the "NE Special 6". Hopefully Nathan used it all over the upcoming Fourplay CD "Journey". I think Nathan is the perfect bassist, he has the chops like any heavy hitter out there yet the guy can lay back in the pocket like no one else, that's why so many top shelf artists call him. Yamaha are lucky to have an endorser like him as the guy could clearly get an endorsement with anyone I'd be willing to bet. I can't wait to get my hands on his new DVD - The Business of Bass.:bassist:

3. I agree! I'm definitely looking into that DVD. Nathan is the one of the most tasteful bassists out there.
  4. Have you got a picture on the net of the 6 version?!? Is it just a six version of his sig 5?!?
  5. ArnoldoAC

Aug 23, 2003
    It is just a 6 string version of his five...he has had it since june, I think and perhaps didn't use it on the journey cd. It sounds practically the same as his 5 but with an extra string, which by the way, does sound great.
  6. hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    Nathan brought his 6 to the recent CA Bassquake:
  7. funkymachine

Jun 7, 2006
    During the RAH's 24 Nights concerts with Eric Clapton, Nathan used two Yamaha TRB6P six-string basses, a Music Man Stingray 5 and a Zeta 5-string upright bass few years before endorsing his own 5-string BB signature model. As far as I know, he began to use the 6-string version of his signature bass in late 2003/early 2004.
  8. Sweet, sure is a killer looking bass.
  9. Wow, that's a great looking bass! Sure hope it will be officially released! :hyper:
  10. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Wow, thats a very good looking bass! I recently missed the chance to see Nathan live, he was playing near me with Herbie Hancock, but I didn't find out about the show until it had been and gone!
  11. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K

i missed that as well, i was a Richard Bona that night though, i think if i had of known about both i still would of gone to Bona but im a bit pissed that i couldnt make it.

12. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I know, I read about it in the papers. Vinne Colaiuta and Nathan East providing the groove. I feel a great sense of loss. :crying:

Hopefully Yamaha will make this 6'er into a production model to ease the blow!
  13. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2005
    lol :D
  14. probably cost about $2,000+ like all Yamaha six-string basses that are endured by virtuosos....John Patitucci,I'm looking at you..
  15. The John Myung sig is only €850ish over here.
  16. i know that but the East and Patitucci sigs are €2,000+.but i guess the BB and TRB series packs just as much punch.
  17. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    I attended a workshop with Nathan, who by the way, is just a wonderful and very cool person. After the workshop he kicked it with a lot of the fans there just talking bass and industry politics. I asked him if Yamaha would be releasing that six he uses as his new signature and with a devilish grin he said "Well...anythings possible, I could give you their custom shop number..." So I'm thinking very soon It'll be one the market. He said that he had so manny basses that he keeps them in a rented warehouse.
  18. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Living the dream, man, living the dream :D
  19. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K

+1 but then again i have enough trouble playing 3, let alone a whole warehouse full...

how do you guys with 20+ basses do it, i normally just have a favourite and nothing else really gets played