Yamaha Nathan East bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nino Valenti, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  2. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Some kind of panic attack going on over at MF? Do they actually earn any money on those items, selling them for so low?
  3. funkfish

funkfish Guest

Jun 20, 2002
    U.S., Princeton, NJ
    if only it had one less string
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That looks like the five string bargain of the summer! Nice deal. $2100 off list.
  5. I talked to my local dealer about those basses and he informed me that Yamaha introduced the new BB2004 and BB2005 at NAAM that will carry the Nathan East name, (not necessarily the signature model, which according to him has sold poorly and MAY be discontinued or changed). These new BB's are pretty hot: neck thru, NE-1 built-in, individual saddle bridge and will list for $1999 and sell at around $1199. They aren't shipping them yet, but I am waiting to play one. I saw a blurb about them on harmony-central in the new gear section.
  6. Probably not, but remember, that particualar line of basses is discontinued (or isn't it?) - since there's a new, very white, NE bass coming out - so they'll have to get rid of the old ones which forces the prices to drop. If only I lived in the States...
  7. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    That's the old model and they're blowing it out;there are several new and way cool Yammies about to hit the stores including a revamped NE model.
    BTW if you read the fine print they've only got one color,blue,left.Cool I guess if you like blue,but the white ones are gorgeous to me.
  8. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Blue!? The BBEAST comes in blue? I thought it only was made in the finish shown in the picture.
  9. I think the BBEASTs shipped to be sold on the American market are blue, and the ones sold in Europe amber, or vice versa. Same thing with the Patitucci TRB model, different colours for different continents. Mind you, I'm not sure.
  10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    No, they offered both colors here. They're just blowing out the last of the less favored color.