Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha Nathan East BB404 & 405?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by page, Jun 18, 2005.

1. I saw one of these today, a Nathan East sig thats affordable. What do you guys think of these ? Im in the market for a new bass and these things look killer in Wine red . Ill soon have a chance to play one, but any opinions please?Thanks guys.

2. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    Well, the only guy I've seen play one live is Nathan East. He sounded amazing.

Now how much of that was the bass, how much was his Aguilar, how much was his Accugroove, and how much was his enormous talent, you will have to judge.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I play a BB-404, not a Nathan East signature, but a Nathan East styled bass. I love it, gets as much playing time as my vintage Fender.

4. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
  5. I have a black 405. Great neck, balance and feel. Didn't like the pup's though so I put in a couple of Q-Tuners. This thing absolutely rocks now. Dead quiet, super-defined - even all the notes on the low B is clearly articulated. It goes from super-punchy with lots of growel to a low, mellow acoustic sound. There's a picture of it if you follow my sig and check out the music section on my site. Definately the best bass value out there IMHO.