Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha NE-1: best place to buy

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rockin John, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Might consider one of these little gems.

Does anyone know of the best place to buy at the moment? Prefer shop but WWW also considered :eek:

Cheers.

John

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Musicians Fiend has them on special at $49.99 right now.

3. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    this is bound to be moved to Effects soon...

but, you may even wait if you can, cause some of us got them from MF for $29 back in the fall and I've heard of other stores doing the same thing from time to time. Haven't seen them lower than $49 most places though.
    If you haven't tried it out already...I think you'll love it. That little metal box is just full of sound enhancement. It's a permanant part of my sound now.
    Good luck!

4. When I still worked for the evil empire, Guitar Center, the cost for that thing was FIVE bucks! After every single one was bought by employees, (not me; didn't like it) the cost magically went up.

5. Hmmm. Yes, I wondered about 'Effects'. But I thought I'd try Amps and, IMHO, the NE1 is more of a preamp then an effects device.

Just how I saw it........Mods? :D

Not tried one yet. Mind you, for $5 I'd give it a go:eek: I've got to pay £49 over here: I now reckon I'm being robbed:mad:

Anyone wanna sell me one?

John

6. Interested in getting rid, Psycho?

I've sent you a PM.

John