Yamaha NE-1 Nathan East Parametric EQ $60

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by fourfinger, Apr 4, 2005.

1. fourfinger

Apr 17, 2003
    Central Ohio
    This is the original Yamaha NE-1 Paramatric EQ designed for/by Nathan East. I found it easy to use in "bad rooms" to eliminate boominess. It sounds fine, but at this stage of the game, the less I have to carry, the better. I used it fewer than ten times and always kept it in its original packaging, except for those gigs. With original owners manual and box. The outer box shows some wear, but the device itself (and its inner box and manual) are in mint condition. I'll pay the shipping within the lower 48 US States.
  2. fourfinger

Apr 17, 2003
    Central Ohio
    The NE-1 works differently than most Parametric EQs. It is designed to give you a "scooped mids" sound with minimal fuss.

There are two options for what your Freq. Response curve is going to look like -- Deep and Shallow. Deep means your frequencies at the "cut" point are reduced a lot, but in a narrow range. Shallow means the mids are cut less, but across a wider spectrum. In both cases, the frequencies just above and just below the cut point get a slight boost.

Another knob is used to sweep the "cut" point up and down the frequency spectrum.

In a nutshell, to fix a "boomy" stage, here are the steps:
    1) Switch to "Deep"
    2) Turn the "Sweep" knob to the point where the boominess vanishes.

This will, uh, BUMP your tone to the next level!
  3. i have one of these so bump for a good cause and a good price. these things are alot of fun to play around with and can give you some wicked tones
  4. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
  5. fourfinger

Apr 17, 2003
    Central Ohio

If you are reading this and have not PM'd me already, please consider this particular one sold.

Thanks very much, b-monkey, for the unsolicited plug! And thanks to all -- TalkBass RULES!