Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha or Ibanez

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassIsTheBest, May 21, 2002.

1. BassIsTheBest

BassIsTheBest

May 17, 2002
    I have narrowed my choices down to the Ibanez SR 300 DX and the Yamaha rbx 270. Which one is better? Do you know any other better basses around these prices?

Ibanez: 280$
    Yamaha: 250$

Thx, Jerimy

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    the SRs can be nice basses, but there are quite a few stinkers Ibanez puts out. Yamaha is more reliable. However, I think if you could find each bass at the best that the model has to offer...it's a style choice.

Ibanez has smaller, thinner necks with narrower string spacing at the nut.
    Yammers are wider, with a flatter neck and wide-ish string spacing at the nut.

Me? I'd take the Yamaha. Less likely to get a stinker, and I think Yamaha puts out a better entry level product than Ibanez does. Not to say Ibanez makes bad products, just not the entry level ones...

If you can't test them, then I'd go with the Yamaha. If you can find both and test them, then go with whatever feels right, but unchecked, I'd favor the Yammer.

3. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Yamaha is a nicer brand than Ibanez in general. I'd go with that bass.

Derek

4. Yeah, Yamaha.

If you can play the side by side, do that, and buy the one you like better. But buying it sight unseen, go with the Yammer, you'll be less likely to be disappointed.