1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD YAMAHA PB-1 BASS PREAMP made in Japan !! Compared to Alembic F1-X

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mb94952, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

Here is my other studio used Yamaha PB-1 bass preamp.

No need to explain much. For those who know boutique preamps on a budget, THIS is it !! Compared to Alembic and Demeter bass preamps, the Yamaha is also warm sounding,punchy, and crystal clear. It is excellent for recording and with the parametric EQ, it allows for lightning fast frequency adjustments to suit ANY size room you're playing. This is PRO gear all the way !!!

Yes, it is in excellent condition.

$320 shipped in lower 48 USA
    $360 shipped to Canada.

YamahaPB-1MIJ018_zps95ade897.
    YamahaPB-1MIJ016_zps7a6d9996.
    YamahaPB-1MIJ001_zpse8b02a9e.
    YamahaPB-1MIJ006_zpsad752d6b.
    YamahaPB-1MIJ004_zpsf07dd504.
    YamahaPB-1MIJ011_zps221a6c41.
    YamahaPB-1MIJ013_zps45cba13f.

2. MCMLXI

MCMLXI

Feb 9, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    Great preamp! GLWTS

3. azflyman

azflyman

Apr 24, 2004
    Astoria, OR
    I don't think this is anything like an Alembic pre. I have had both, still have the Yamaha and feel its much more versatile. The DI out on this to the board on mine is dead silent. This is "THE" preamp in my big giggin rig and I have not found anything I like better. I have had mine for over 20 years and would be the next to last bass thing I would sell if I had to part with it all. Get it while you can, these don't come up very often.

4. mb94952

Thank you for the true statement there. I figured I had to associate the word Alembic in there to peak people's interest. Evidently, I don't because you know how awesome they are.

SOLD pending local payment from TB'er Wayne in SF.

5. mb94952

SOLD to local TB'er wrp and on it's short journey to SF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.