Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

YAMAHA PB1 EQ FAILURE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by michaelprice83, Mar 19, 2006.

1. michaelprice83

michaelprice83

Mar 15, 2006
    I recieved a mint yamaha pb1 preamp today and hooked it up. It sounds great but the eq doesn't do anything. A buddy of mine and I tried both knobs and found no difference in tone whatsoever....... What can I do about this? Has anyone experienced anything like this? THanks

2. jburtonca

jburtonca

Nov 25, 2000
    Ottawa, Canada
    On the front panel there is a jack that says FOOT SW. This jack switches the PARAMETRIC EQ on and off. If the red light over the PARAMETRIC EQ knobs is off, you'll need to switch it back on with a foot switch. I suppose any on/off foot switch will do.

I have a 3.6 meg scan of the PB1 manual. Just PM me.

Jeff

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  4. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    I bought a used $10 Yamaha keyboard sustain footswitch, and found that it was wired backwards for my use (EQ was on when plugged in, off when stepped on) and it was simple to rewire the footswitch to do what I wanted. You might want a momentary that keeps it in one state or the other. Check a music store; they should have a used something that will work.