1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha PB1 Frequencies?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Malachi71, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Malachi71

Malachi71

Oct 11, 2007
    Does anyone know what the fixed frequencies are for the bass, mid, and treble on this preamp?

2. ZombiCrow

ZombiCrow

Jun 15, 2006
    Davenport, IA
    No, but bump for frequencies on different preamp and amps. I've been trying to figure out the frequencies on the Yorkville XS400H for years, and no one seems to know.

3. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    70, 400, and 7KHz, according to the factory service manual. But since it uses a Fender style tone stack, those numbers will move around interactively with changes in the tone control settings.

4. Malachi71

Malachi71

Oct 11, 2007
    Can you explain this in more detail? Are you saying that the actual fixed frequency will change from 70, 400, 7khz to another frequency like 80, 500, 5khz when I cut or boost the bass, mids, and treble?

5. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Yes, it's part of what accounts for the love/hate relationship with the "Fender" tone stack that many bassists have. Download the Tone Stack Calculator for yourself to see how this works. None of the frequencies are fixed per se, they all interact quite a bit. The mid cut in particular will move around all over the place as you boost highs and lows more or less. You may easily observe max mid cut at anywhere from say 200-1200 Hz -- see what I mean?

6. Malachi71

Malachi71

Oct 11, 2007
    Thanks for the info and the download. You're not kidding! Wow, how much the mids can change over the frequency spectrum when I cut and boost the bass and treble. If I'm reading the calculator correctly (Fender Tab), flat looks close to bass and treble between 0-1 (5%) and mids on 10 (100%). Even at 10, the mids still look a little scooped around 1.5 khz.

7. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    For bass I definitely prefer Baxendall variants over the Fender thang.