1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD YAMAHA PG1 - like the PB1but for Guitar. Has REVERB !!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mb94952, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

I have a Yamaha PG1 guitar preamp made in Japan. It is like the famed Yamaha PB1, but it is dual channel and has spring reverb.
    I don't see why you could't use it for bass and have that sweet overdrive and reverb at your disposal, but PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.
    Maybe you're a guitar player and a bass player and you want this, too.

TB price - [DEL]$350[/DEL] $245 SHIPPED !!! These are RARE and sell for more than what I'm asking.

YamahaPB-1andGB-1016.
    YamahaPB-1andGB-1021.
    YamahaPB-1andGB-1020.
    YamahaPB-1andGB-1019.
    YamahaPB-1andGB-1023.
    YamahaPB-1andGB-1025.

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I have a late '70s Yamaha G100-II guitar amp. The clean and overdrive channels have features nearly identical to this preamp. That written, if the circuitry is the same/similar (which I suspect it probably is), I'd venture that this would make a killer Bass preamp.

The clean channel is very Fendery and the overdrive channel has plenty of gain for really excellent Bass distortion. And the single band parametric EQ is a very useful bonus!

3. mb94952

Thanks Billy ! It's pretty sweet, for sure !

4. mb94952

SAME circuit as the PB-1, only added channel, reverb, and OD.

Same price as a PB-1 !! You can't lose !!!

5. mb94952

SOLD on Feebay ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.