1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha RBX 250 Truss Rod Tool?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Buckglitter, Mar 28, 2006.

  1. Where can I find the tool to adjust the Truss Rod on a Yamaha RBX 250 Bass? What type/size do I need? Do I need to remove the neck from the body to adjust it or do they make a tool which fits inside the tiny cavity? I can find no info on the Yamaha site and a search on this forum has not helped either... Hope I'm not missing something obvious.
  2. elros


    Apr 24, 2004
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    I had a Yamaha RBX 250 - it was my first bass. Great instrument.

    It came with a sort of dual-purpose tool: a wrench for the truss rod that had a screw driver on the other end. I don't know if there's any general-purpose tool that will fit the truss rod. But I imagine a Yamaha dealer ought to be able to help you out. Probably it is the same tool that comes with todays new RBX instruments.
  3. 62bass


    Apr 3, 2005
    Carvins come with a similar tool. i don't know if it's the right size though for a Yamaha. Yes, check with the dealer. Their repair department will know.
  4. Thanks Guys! I've got an email in to Yahama, this will be a nice test of their customer service.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.