Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha RBX 374 Battery Problem

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shans, Dec 14, 2005.

1. shans

shans

Dec 14, 2005
    I know that this issue has been discussed on this forum before and I have searched through the old posts but I was unable to find the resolution to the problem, therefore I am posting again.

I bought a Yamaha RBX 374 bass a month ago and have already gone through two batteries. I always unplug the bass when I am done playing. Apparently, there is some wiring problem with this model, would really appreciate any responses from people who have experienced this issue and have been able to resolve it.

2. yep...we know the problem...swap the ring and sleeve wires on the jack...

problem solved...

next

3. shans

shans

Dec 14, 2005
    Thanks for the quick reply. Just so that I understand - the "tip" should have the hot signal, the "sleeve" should be the ground and the "ring" should be the black wire from the battery right?

So if you interchange the sleeve and ring wires, why does the battery drain faster? I am assuming that the sleeve and ring wires do not come into contact with each other till the jack is inserted into the guitar.

4. I had no problems with my RBX 375's battery. It held 6 months.
    I think the chineese Yamaha people didn't wired it correctly..

Anyway, I sold my Yama...