Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha RBX 550 opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stinkoman20xx, May 31, 2005.

1. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    I have a Yamaha RBX 550 from the mid 80s coming to me.What are your opinions on this bass. I havent found much but everything I heard is good.Whats it tone like and quallitly in the build?

2. FederalFUNK

FederalFUNK

Jan 12, 2005
    rbx is a really good series... my 370 is the best damn bass ive play except for a few high ends (spector and a MM sterling) its really good tone wise very punchy and deep awsome P tone the build seems to be awsome on mine 5 years and no probs there and i treat her pretty rough i say youll have a good keeper there mine is a real ax for life

3. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Thanks for the responce. What year is yours? Im trying to find what the wood could be made out mine but Im having hard time finding info. Is yours a newer one?

4. FederalFUNK

FederalFUNK

Jan 12, 2005
    the wood is probably alder like mine. yamaha dont really f**k round with that sorta stuff the rbx has just gone thru a few changes but that was to body shape, head stock, probably changed the pick ups there at one point...

my point is keep that sucker it will rock you out and then some there so fun to play and very kool i recommend if your liking the 550 to try find a 370 they dont make em no more but they have an awsome active P and smooth J when blended (but dont solo it, buzz city) that is to die for at that price