1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha rbx 774

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jgrabs07, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Jgrabs07

Jgrabs07

Apr 26, 2012
    Temple Texas
    Im going to put up my rbx 774 for sale, i have gotten the factory eq problem fixed, ive seen one on evilbay for $ 475 i dont know what is a reasonable price, because with the recent eq repair ive got over 300 into it now, wanting to buy a new sr 600 or maybe 800, ideas on price of this used bass would help, its the silver and in very good shape i dont know how rare the silver is today thanks

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Love to help you, but supporting members only.

Do some market research, check ebay and such. You can call it rare all you want, that doesn't make it valuable, I don't think there is a high market for RBX 774s.

3. kraigo

kraigo

Jun 21, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    Also, having no skin in this game, what you have invested in something doesn't necessarily affect the value.

Good luck with the sale.

KO

4. rashbeep

rashbeep Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Toronto, ON
    this is true.

5. i have a 775 (the 5 string version), they are nice basses (35" scale, monorail bridge, really good construction)...that said, i would think your 774 might bring something in the $200 neighborhood on ebay on a good day...i would set a reserve at $100 or so and hope for the best (have several big, good quality pics and have your auction end on sunday afternoon!)

6. kraigo

kraigo

Jun 21, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    FWIW, eBay has had one up five times at ~$470 (unsold) with 0 bids. One sold with a single bid at $200.

KO