1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha RBX-775 and Nordstrand MM series?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Doodaddy, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Doodaddy

Doodaddy

Jan 11, 2005
    West Monroe, LA
    I'm just not getting quite the tone I want out of it, but I really love the feel of it. Pickups aren't that expensive, so I would really love to try some new things.

The Nordstrand MM series has caught my eye and I like the sounds I hear on basstasters.com. I am just unsure of the next step.

The RBX has two humbuckers, one volume, one tone, (20k pots for both), 3 way pickup selector, and a boost switch. I really like this setup, would it be possible to do a direct swap from the current pickups to one of the Nords (MM5.2 or 3 or 4)?

2. Doodaddy

Doodaddy

Jan 11, 2005
    West Monroe, LA
    Top please. :)

3. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Looks like you'd have to do some routing.

4. Doodaddy

Doodaddy

Jan 11, 2005
    West Monroe, LA
    Hmm, I searched all I could before I posted this thread and even after your response , and I still can't find much info on this part of the 775. :help:

I did find where several people did drop in any of the 45 series from EMG and stated it was basically a perfect fit. The 45 series measures 4.5"x1.5" so I'm going to assume I'm around .4" narrow?

I would rather not route for the fact that I may change pickups again and if I were to go to a thinner pickup, it would look rather goofy. :bawl:

I'm at a loss of which pickups I should get now. :bag:

5. Doodaddy

Doodaddy

Jan 11, 2005
    West Monroe, LA
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to route the bass and make them fit, so my original question stands. :p

6. Doodaddy

Doodaddy

Jan 11, 2005
    West Monroe, LA
    First page please. :)