Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha RBX - 775 ??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Godcreep, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you freaky bass players tried the new Yamaha RBX 775 (or 774) I'm planning on trying one as soon as possible (maybe tomorrow). I already own a Yamaha (BB 1500 A )and I really like that one ... so maybe I will trade it in for my Ibanez BTB 405 qm ...

Wim
    Yamaha rules !

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I hear the BB1500A is a real winner, especially if you are meaning one of the new 1500A's - and you seem to like your too. Not sure if I would like to swap one for probably lesser instrument like RBX or BTB..

Besides, there is a bunch of good, inexpensive 5s so save a few bucks and then buy BTB or RBX or MTD Kingston and keep your 1500A too.

3. John Bufo

John Bufo

Jan 14, 2002
    Salem, NH
    I was jamming on a Yamaha RBX774 at the store today, I enjoyed it a great deal. A very slick looking bass, I'm seriously considering buying one. Whats the deal with the toggle switches though? The 2 way selector I'm thinking is to switch between active and passive mode, but the 3 way switch I'm not quite sure of. It seemed to boost bass/treble, and mid range, but I'm not positive of what each of the 3 positions did exactly.