1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha RBX - 775 ??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Godcreep, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you freaky bass players tried the new Yamaha RBX 775 (or 774) I'm planning on trying one as soon as possible (maybe tomorrow). I already own a Yamaha (BB 1500 A )and I really like that one ... so maybe I will trade it in for my Ibanez BTB 405 qm ...

Wim
    Yamaha rules !

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I hear the BB1500A is a real winner, especially if you are meaning one of the new 1500A's - and you seem to like your too. Not sure if I would like to swap one for probably lesser instrument like RBX or BTB..

Besides, there is a bunch of good, inexpensive 5s so save a few bucks and then buy BTB or RBX or MTD Kingston and keep your 1500A too.

3. John Bufo

John Bufo

Jan 14, 2002
    Salem, NH
    I was jamming on a Yamaha RBX774 at the store today, I enjoyed it a great deal. A very slick looking bass, I'm seriously considering buying one. Whats the deal with the toggle switches though? The 2 way selector I'm thinking is to switch between active and passive mode, but the 3 way switch I'm not quite sure of. It seemed to boost bass/treble, and mid range, but I'm not positive of what each of the 3 positions did exactly.