Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha RBX170 Any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mark_palmer17, Oct 7, 2002.

1. i currently own a Yamaha RBX170. i know nothing is it good/bad/shockingly bad whats everyone elses opinion just to get a general view.

2. I'm not sure about the RBX170, but I have an RBX270 and I'm so glad I chose it as my first bass. Lovely sound, good playability and it looks pretty nice as well :D
    I've seen good reviews of the RBX series, they're quality basses :)

3. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    I looked in the review section over on Harmony Central, but unfortunately there were only 2 reviews of the 170. Go here if you want to read them:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Bass/Data4/Yamaha/RBX-170-01.html

Just remember, these are just user reviews, not professional opinions! Sounds like the 2 that did review it were pleased with it though.

4. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    if you haven't tried out the 760.. try those.. well worth the $200-300 more than the 160.. or 170 whatever.. :)

DM

5. <------------
    <------------
    <------------

theres my RBX 260....i love these things, except they are discontinued now....:confused: :confused: :( :confused: but i dont know about the 170, i put straplocks on mine and i kinda want a new bridge, but need EDEN MORE!!!!!

6. RBX270 is my first bass too! everyone says its a girl bass, but i dont care, its got an amazing sound, i've never played a RBX170, but from the RBX's i've played they're all horgeous sounding basses.
    shoonk

7. Everyone says its a girls bass? I've never got that before, why do they say that :confused: Is it because of the colour? I got mine in a natural finish, which looks really nice IMO.
    They're great basses :D