1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha RBX170 Any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mark_palmer17, Oct 7, 2002.

1. i currently own a Yamaha RBX170. i know nothing is it good/bad/shockingly bad whats everyone elses opinion just to get a general view.

2. I'm not sure about the RBX170, but I have an RBX270 and I'm so glad I chose it as my first bass. Lovely sound, good playability and it looks pretty nice as well :D
    I've seen good reviews of the RBX series, they're quality basses :)

3. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    I looked in the review section over on Harmony Central, but unfortunately there were only 2 reviews of the 170. Go here if you want to read them:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Bass/Data4/Yamaha/RBX-170-01.html

Just remember, these are just user reviews, not professional opinions! Sounds like the 2 that did review it were pleased with it though.

4. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    if you haven't tried out the 760.. try those.. well worth the $200-300 more than the 160.. or 170 whatever.. :)

DM

5. <------------
    <------------
    <------------

theres my RBX 260....i love these things, except they are discontinued now....:confused: :confused: :( :confused: but i dont know about the 170, i put straplocks on mine and i kinda want a new bridge, but need EDEN MORE!!!!!

6. RBX270 is my first bass too! everyone says its a girl bass, but i dont care, its got an amazing sound, i've never played a RBX170, but from the RBX's i've played they're all horgeous sounding basses.
    shoonk

7. Everyone says its a girls bass? I've never got that before, why do they say that :confused: Is it because of the colour? I got mine in a natural finish, which looks really nice IMO.
    They're great basses :D