1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha RBX200 need urgent help wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Ventilation, May 13, 2010.

1. Ventilation

Ventilation

May 13, 2010
    Okay so i screwed up big time. My teacher has this yamaha RBX200 bass that was in pretty bad shape, and well it was just my luck, i twisted the volume knob so much that it snapped a few wires in the back, so now i have no idea what to do...

We have band tomorrow, and the bass guy and my teacher is gonna be pissed if we don't have a working bass, and it's all going to be my fault... i am SOO screwed

could someone please help me fix the wiring before it's too late

2. "i twisted the volume knob so much that it snapped a few wires in the back" does not tell me anything at all.

Do you have any pictures?

3. Ventilation

Ventilation

May 13, 2010
    i will take some, hang on.. please

4. Have a soldering iron?

5. Unfortunately, I'm going to bed in a few minutes.
    This sounds like a simple issue to resolve though. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

6. Ventilation

Ventilation

May 13, 2010
    [​IMG]

7. Ventilation

Ventilation

May 13, 2010
    yes i do have a soldering iron, solder, and a dad who somehow magically knows how to solder stuff

8. Lol all dad's know how. Look at Line6man's link, it's really simple and a good thing to learn. Good luck!

Oh, btw it looks like the cap has come unsoldered from the tone pot also.

9. Ventilation

Ventilation

May 13, 2010
    ya it looks like it, would this bass still work if i resoldered the master volume but leave out the tone pot for another day, trying to avoid burning through midnight oil

10. It will literally just take a second. Look at the diagram posted, or have your dad take a look at it. If you wanted to take the tone pot out of the circuit you would need to extend the wires on the volume pot and there probably isn't enough slack.

11. Ventilation

Ventilation

May 13, 2010
    [​IMG]

still no go >.<

12. Hope you were able to figure it out in time, from the looks of it in the last pic you were missing a wire between the two pots and the ground on the volume pot.

13. Ventilation

Ventilation

May 13, 2010
    Thanks! bass works fine now after i bridged that missing connection between the vol and tone pots! ^^