Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha RBX260 Fretless w/Duncan Pickup

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Bassline1414, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Hello all,
    I was debating whether or not to sell my Yamaha bass, so I decided to see if anyone was interested in this bass. It's black, has one of the 2 pots replaced, chrome knobs instead of the cheap plastic black ones, and a Seymour Duncan Basslines Quarter Pounder P-pickup. It sounds great. I think I payed about 230-240 bucks for it, so I was thinking like 160 or so would be a good price. Please post if you are interested!
    Thanks,
    Steve
    ps. I'll try and get some pics up

2. good luck selling a yamaha, mines been up forever now and only 2 bites, who backed out. :(

3. Yeah, I know. I'll trade ya, Whiteout. ;)

4. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    hey basslines i think i might be interested. I'm not commin all the close to your askin price so i thought id just throw a number out. Ive really been lookin for a beat up old bass to defret but yours was perfect cuz its already defretted. I had some xmas money left over after buying all my recording stuff, but its not much. I wanted to know if you'd accept $100 for your bass. No one had really offered so i thought i'd make an offer. That would not include shipping obviously which i would pay for. If it would drop the price any i'd buy it with the original pickup in it or no pickup at all? Well i'll send u a PM just to make sure u read this.

5. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    still working on getting pics?

6. Yes...I'm in the process of scanning them right now (my scanner is a piece of @#$%&*) so expect pics up in the next few days.

7. And Hyper,
    100 bucks is a little low, I think the bass originally cost me 250 bucks and 70 bucks for the pickup...I'd say that 150 is the lowest I'll go, plus shipping of course...if I do sell it, I'll include a gig bag. Thanks for the offer.

8. adamaarts

adamaarts Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    hey hyper,

i have an old fretless bass ill give you for $100. it needs new tuners but the rest is great. let me know if your interested.

9. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    hey stinky?

what kind of fretless? got any pics? thanks for the offer.

10. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Hey Hyper, saving up the extra $60 wouldn't be too hard. Eat a smaller lunch for a month, and bang, you're there. I've heard the bass myself, and it sounds good! I'd recommend you go that route, and you'll be very pleased.

11. Acepiloto

Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    Well, I'm interested and I live up near KCI airport so I could probably pick it up (NO SHIPPING!!!:D ) I'm debating on what I'm going to buy next, so while you're getting the pics up, I'll figure out my monetary situation.

Thanks,

Russell

12. Ok, the pic I have is way too big to show here on Talkbass, if anyone wants to see the pic, e-mail me or contact me via AOL Instant Messenger! :)

13. adamaarts

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    here is a pic of my fretless. ill sell it for $100 + shipping. i also have an amp, strings, picks, gig bag and some other stuff i need to sell so if your interested let me know.

14. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    ...and after that, the RBX sure does look worth that extra $60, don't it? ;)

15. adamaarts

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    hey my bass may look sketchy but it plays great and sounds better than it looks. and besides, i made it myself, what do you expect?

16. Hey, start your own damn thread. :D ;)

17. Still for sale (if anyone is interested in a trade, post it here or contact me) :)

18. *coughs*
    C'mon fellas (and ladies! :D)
    $150 isn't too shabby for a fretless with nice pickups! :)

19. :eek: Also, have you checked the price of a gig bag lately? Around 60.00

You're going too low Bassline 1414
    I'd buy it at your original asking price, except I prefer/need a slimmer neck!
    My husband paid 125.00 two years ago for a USED Vantage (whatever the heck that name is?) Even though it's pretty weighty, it does have the slimmer neck.

20. Nah, I got this gig bag for 15 bucks from Musician's Friend. It's got one big pouch and 2 smaller ones, it's not high end or anything, but it does the job.