Yamaha RBX270

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lowner, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Lowner

May 14, 2005
    Over Here
    I just bought an RBX 270 on ebay for real cheap. Its a fixer upper but I dont really know much about Yamaha basses. Is the RBX 270 a beginner bass or is it a midline bass or what? I am curious because I am not sure if I am going to keep it or repair and sell it. Any Yammy fanciers that can help please reapond or just someone who might know. Also my researck tells me that they may have discontinued this model a few years back.
  2. I would say its a beginner bass.
  3. GeddyisGod

GeddyisGod Four on the floor and nothing more!

Feb 4, 2004
    Moberly, MO
    It's a low-end bass, but I've always been of the opinion that Yammy's low-end stuff is pretty decent. I had an RBX 760 for a while, but I ultimately sold it and put the money towards a Geddy jazz bass. The tone was a little too "slap happy" for my taste, but it was solidly built and always stayed in tune.
  4. Theodeus

Jan 18, 2004
    The RBX270 was my first. And I still have it in its original setup. I don't think I've even adjusted the trussrod once! Now, it could be better sound-wise, but as far as build goes this low-end bass is a killer. I'm actually more concerned with my Geddy than this! :rolleyes:
  5. Yamaha basses represent good value for money, IMHO. I had the '270 fretless for a while. Really good for the price and certainly better than the competition, again IMHO. At the time I also owned a BBG5s. Really good.

Yes. You won't go far wrong with a Yamaha. Play well, feel good and sound nice.