Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha RBX360 ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by megatron, Oct 8, 2003.

1. megatron

megatron

Jul 9, 2003
    I need opinions on these basses from anyone here who has owned or played one of these bass guitars. How are they as far as build quality,sound,tone and playability? Thanks for any feed back guys.

2. Inthepocket

Inthepocket

Oct 3, 2003
    Im not sure about the 360's, but my very 1st bass was an rbx250! You can literally beat the sh!t out of them and they will still come back for more.......Back in highschool i took it to school everyday for a few years without a case(it died), and the countless beatings never seemed to effect the tone or the playability one bit

They're a great beginner basses in my opinion......Dont expect them to sound brilliant though, but they'll get you by for a couple of years, eventually you will want to upgrade! ........

If i was starting all over again, i would definitely buy a yammy over a poxy fender squire......

If there's a downside to it though, it would have to be that the humbucker on those things struggle to pick up some of the more 'obscure' harmonics ..............But if you're just after a cheapish bass for the purpose of banging around in bands with your mates, and getting the jist of the instrument, i reckon they're a great little workhorse......:bassist:

3. I got the RBX 370. It is a great bass, if you have a decent amp you can get some nice tones out of it. The electronics are a bit noisy, but no big deal. I'd recommend it over a Squire or similar.