1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha RBX370A

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EmpoyingCrab, Apr 5, 2006.

1. EmpoyingCrab

EmpoyingCrab

Apr 5, 2006
    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone can recommened me this bass. It is for sale near me for 360$ Canadian (used) but I may be able to get him to bring down the price a bit. I would mainly be using the bass for recording. Any info is appreciated.

2. I have one. I am comparing it to my Lakland 55-01 with NTMB.
    It's my first bass, still keeping it.
    The bridge pickup, a jazz styled, is a bit noisy. The neck pickup, precision styled, have quite a convincing p sound, as any p bass very quiet.
    Overall the bass is rather modern sounding, bright. Good slap tone.
    I've since replaced the original pups with EMGs and the preamp with NOLL 2 band EQ.
    The difference, more tonal range, still bright.
    My advice, it is a good bass, just replace the jazz pickup with a noiseless one keep the p.

3. A bit more info. Very good workmanship. Tight neck pocket. Good fret work. Alder body. Neat wiring. Long battery life.

4. lomer

lomer

Mar 20, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    I have a Yammie RBX260 and I reckon hands down it beats so many other basses i've played its not funny..... I have replaced the pickups with EMG's and since then it's even better....

I may be a Yamaha nut but I think any Yamaha bass is a good buy, so long as you get it for the right price....

5. went to a local guitar shop today to try, again, some pretty looking Ibanez. BTB405QM and SR505 2 c what the hype is all about.
    Still prefer my Yammy over them. :smug:
    They do look very nice!

6. floopy

floopy

Mar 18, 2006
    I have an RBX270, the passive version of the 370.

It's got a great neck, excellent build quality and balances well.
    The pickups are pretty decent - maybe lacking a touch in bottom end, but nothing you can't fix with a little EQ.

It feels and sounds like a much more expensive bass. The build quality alone puts it ahead of the competition.

7. Me too - my first bass but still gets played a lot. I got it with a case for ~$300 new.

As others have said, the build quality and playability on this bass are great. The bridge pickup is the weak point on the passive as well, other than that I have zero complaints.