Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha RBX460

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rickg, Dec 8, 2000.

1. rickg

rickg

Nov 24, 2000
    Does anyone have an opinion on the Yamaha RBX460 Bass. I'm looking for a new bass but can't really afford to spend more than £300 (that's about $450). I've seen the RBX460 for £249 including gig bag. It looks like a good deal but what do other people think?

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yamaha in general makes good basses. I haven't heard anything bad about RBX's(except JM model) and am considering
    buying RBX260 fretless myself.

3. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I have one, and I really like it :)

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yamahas are good basses for the price.

The only real criticism that you will hear is that their tone is kinda generic sounding.

The fit & finish is above average for the price on their lower priced models.

5. I looked at the RBX 460 when I was looking but settled on the Yamaha BBN4. A jazz style rather that a P-bass. I can get some really nice tones from my bass.

Just another bass for you to check out for the $$$ you eant to spend.

6. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Uhm, Arch: The RBX460 has a PJ configuration.

7. Your correct Oysterman!! I miss spoke!!

8. Domino

Domino

Dec 5, 2000
    For the money, the RBX460 is a good bass. I have one and have played it on stage.

I really like the neck on this thing, very easy to move around. The bass looks REALLY sharp. Mine came with blue gloss finish with gold hardware. I think I spent $380 for it and a case.

My only complaint is that the pickups could be better. The tone isn't the best I've heard, but for the money it's a great bass.

I just ordered a Carvin and I'll be using both on stage.

9. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    Take a look at the Hartke basses. Reasonably priced, full scale and they have a Zero fret.

10. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Check out http://www.thomann.de. They are a german netstore and have good prices; you can find RBX760 for under £300 there.