1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha RBX760A - My opinion.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XavierG, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Every once in a while, I'll walk into the store and try out a few basses that might suit my students. This afternoon I tried and bought a Yamaha RBX760A. My opinion (inspite of not being asked) is that it is a really nice bass. Feels really good - sounds very nice - and plays very well. I might even keep this one for myself. There's nothing I can't do on it that I could on any other bass I've played. Looking for a good, inexpensive, well made bass? Try this one!
    [​IMG]

2. Yeah, Yamaha rulez, I'm a yamaha geek. :)
    I have an RBX 370 A and I love it to death.
    I tried all the RBX's and I took the one with the active p-j pick ups.

But I don't really consider it to be a versatile bass.
    For me, the thing I use it for, it is overqualified. I'm into metal (progressive), I tend to take the lead mostly, the neck has a fast feeling, and the sound is a bit agressive.
    But when I want to play some more rock or fusion tunes, the bass is too bad@ss for it I feel.
    Then I'm longing for the sound of a good old p-bass.

But hey, that's just my opinion. :)
    Congratulations with your new bass.

3. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

Next to R/A's, I love the RBX series - the lower priced ones
    that is, after a few mods :rolleyes:. Their bodyshape is even
    a bit similar to an R/A. And those shallow, fast necks?
    Forget about it.

4. I love my Yamaha. I was really considering an RBX 5 string when I got my BBG5.

Ivem been nothing but satisfied with my Yamaha, and with every other Yammer bass I've played.

5. I haven't decided whether to keep it or not, although I am having a ball with it. I'm really liking this thing a lot. I'm thinking of a 5-string fretless RBX765A. I don't know if they make them fretless, and I'm not sure if I want to pay to have one defretted. They sure look nice though. I'm not a stranger to Yamaha basses, having played a John Patitucci signature (it's on my avatar) which I borrowed from a friend for a couple of months. I was, however, surprised to see that their less expensive models were so well made and so 'playable'.

6. I have the very same bass. Beautiful piece of work, although I would trade it for a Yamaha TRB5 (GAS of the month). I'm actually playing mine right now.

Before I got, I went to every music store I could find. Every store had a Yamaha, and it just seemed to be the best bass, no matter the model, price or electronics. Yamaha rules.

I want a custom.

7. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

[​IMG]

8. :eek: :eek:
    me like it :)

Who made that ?

What's the difference between the 2 necks ?

9. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

The upper neck is B-E-A-D, the lower...E-A-D-G.

Here's the whole story - http://www.billysheehan.com/gear/instruments_09.html

10. The upper-end RBX basses are very nice. If I'd been smarter, I would have gotten an RBX765 a few years back instead of a Dean that looked better on paper ( :rolleyes: ).

11. heh heh :)

What was wrong with building a 5-string attitude ? :)

I would at least had 2 different scale lenghts, the BEAD 35" and the EADG 34".