Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha RBX765A 5 String Bass Guitar + HS Case

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by SirFunk, Jan 15, 2003.

1. SirFunk

SirFunk

May 24, 2001
    Lincoln, NE
    Asking Price: $500 OBO

Yamaha RBX765A 5-String Bass including hardshell case. Excelent condition. Active electronics

I've had this bass for about a year and a half now, and it's nothing but good to me. Excelent tone, from funk to jazz to rock. It sounds great at everything.

Bass has two active dual coil humbucker pickups, and bass, treble, volume and pickup controll. 24 Fret Neck.

Bass is in Excelent condition, when not carefully in my hands, this bass has been in it's case. It has no dings or nicks and only a few VERY light scratches on the back (as most any bass would have) these scratches are almost invisible, I could take a picture of them if you wish, but they probably would not show up at all you really have to LOOK for them. The Origional nut was plastic but It has been replaced with a better brass nut. The bass has been professionally setup. Included case shows a little wear, as most cases do, but it deffinatley serves it's purpose. I currently have the bass setup with E A D G C tuning (nice for soloing and chords) but if the buyer wishes, I could re-string it B E A D G (standard 5-string tuning).

I'm a music education student and I love this bass, I play it in 2 jazz ensambles and a rock/alternative band, however I want to upgrade to a fretless bass, and I must part with this one to do so.

Manufacturers Discription: "Sleek and modernistic, our RBX basses boast perfectly even response, comfy ergonomics, and tones with ample rumble, punch and slice."

Will accept paypal or money order, buyer pays actual shipping. (probably $25ish) Any questions or requests for additional picutres/information feel free to ask.

Here are some images of the bass.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    this is a great bass. I really love it! If anyone has the $ and looking for a great bass in the $500 price range, get this asap! Bump for a great bass at a good price! (Even though it could be a little bit lower) :)

DM

3. SirFunk

SirFunk

May 24, 2001
    Lincoln, NE
    Heh, thanks :-D.. yeah i know it's a great bass, i wish someone would buy it I wana get this other one i'm interested in soon... Also, i mentioned the price was OBO.. so i MIGHT go a little lower, depending on what kind of offers i get (if any)