1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

yamaha rbx774 4-string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by retitled, Mar 27, 2004.

1. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    im still looking for a new bass and i just got a sam ash magazine in teh mail and on teh front covoer its featuring the yamaha rbx774 its said the list price is $900 andit jsut went down to $300, thats 60-70% off, is it worth getting? why the dramatic drop in price? i desperatly need a enw bass and this price drop seams to be inmy favour. can i have some input on it?

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    There's a price drop because they have a new set of models that are going to replace the current RBX774/5.

4. deftim69

deftim69

Jun 11, 2003
    I just got my 774 on Thursday. What a great deal. I got a black one and just ordered a silver one for alternate tunings. Musicians friend has them for $249 and the 5 string for $299.
    The fiver will ship 3 day ups free.
    For the price you cant beat the tone, construction and electronics. :bassist:

5. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    At these lowered prices I decided to go for an RBX-775... about a week later I purchased a second for a fretless conversion. I can't say much more than that, except that they were nice at $650. For $299, they're unreal.

Do a search and you'll find more of my blathering on them, as well as a link to a review I did for my blog. :D

6. vaporpark

vaporpark

Apr 9, 2004
    I just ordered an RBX774 from SamAsh today for $245 which inlcluded shipping. They had all three finishes (black, flat silver, and flat blue). I chose the flat blue, actually my kids chose the flat blue. I inquired about the RBX775 and they were sold out. I consider this a really killer deal.

Peace,
    vp