yamaha rbx774 4-string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by retitled, Mar 27, 2004.

1. retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    im still looking for a new bass and i just got a sam ash magazine in teh mail and on teh front covoer its featuring the yamaha rbx774 its said the list price is $900 andit jsut went down to $300, thats 60-70% off, is it worth getting? why the dramatic drop in price? i desperatly need a enw bass and this price drop seams to be inmy favour. can i have some input on it?
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

3. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    There's a price drop because they have a new set of models that are going to replace the current RBX774/5.
  4. deftim69

Jun 11, 2003
    I just got my 774 on Thursday. What a great deal. I got a black one and just ordered a silver one for alternate tunings. Musicians friend has them for $249 and the 5 string for $299.
    The fiver will ship 3 day ups free.
    For the price you cant beat the tone, construction and electronics. :bassist:
  5. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    At these lowered prices I decided to go for an RBX-775... about a week later I purchased a second for a fretless conversion. I can't say much more than that, except that they were nice at $650. For $299, they're unreal.

Do a search and you'll find more of my blathering on them, as well as a link to a review I did for my blog. :D
  6. vaporpark

Apr 9, 2004
    I just ordered an RBX774 from SamAsh today for $245 which inlcluded shipping. They had all three finishes (black, flat silver, and flat blue). I chose the flat blue, actually my kids chose the flat blue. I inquired about the RBX775 and they were sold out. I consider this a really killer deal.