1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha rbx775 neck!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Trathoughts, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Trathoughts

Trathoughts

Jul 7, 2013
    Trathoughts
    Alert! UPS sucks!

Rant over, they broke a yamaha rbx775 neck, I need to find a replacement. Anyone have one or know how to get one? I'm tempted to ask yamaha to see if that is something they would have laying around ;)

Thanks!!! SOS!!

2. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    I had one a lustre or so ago: problem with the 77x serie (774/775) is it's a 35" scale neck, so that a (much more common) 37x serie neck won't fit.

I dunno Yamaha policies around discontinued models, but I really think you'll have to go second hand
    And remember... necks were bicolor, so you'll have to find the right match.

Cheers,
    Wallace

3. Trathoughts

Trathoughts

Jul 7, 2013
    Trathoughts
    Thanks, I'm ok with it not matching. I'll just take anything that would fit. Loved the sound and the price was ridiculous to pass up.

4. DasClyde

DasClyde Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Where do you even find one of these? I had a 774 years ago when I was a kid and I really want one now. it was so buttery.

5. JustForSport

JustForSport

Nov 17, 2011
    Not a lot of diff between a 35" and 34" scale neck- it just needs to be mounted/fit at the right distance from the bridge, if you choose that option.
    You'll be very lucky to find an original neck for it, so measure the pocket and pocket-to-bridge dim's, then see if you can find a good
    3 piece maple neck to fit. At least you've got all the parts to get msrm'ts from.
    I think if you can get a good maple neck to fit, (maybe from an Ibanez BTB- 35" and 5 string avail?), it can play and sound near original.
    I think the BTB's may be a bit wider at the nut, tho.
    Good luck with getting it back together.

6. Trathoughts

Trathoughts

Jul 7, 2013
    Trathoughts
    Friendly neighborhood bumperman.

Yamaha confirmed no necks in stock. Now I'm in search of second hand. Anybody? I'll even buy a very beat up model if possible.

7. JustForSport

JustForSport

Nov 17, 2011
    Prob best bet is to keep an eye on CL- I've seen varying cond RBX775's on there for good price. Can't be in a hurry, tho.
    Also, check post #5 above.