Yamaha rbx775 or Peavey Fury 5/6?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slamzilla, Mar 23, 2004.

1. slamzilla

Feb 17, 2004
    Can anyone shed some more light on these basses?Sound, electronics, construction, etc? The new price on the RBX is really tempting.
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I'll let you know in a few days. I ordered a Fury 6 from American Musical Supply, because they were closing them out for silly cheap. Not quite as cheap as I've seen the Yamaha's go for, though. But if you decide on a Fury 6, they have blue quilt and sunburst finishes still available for the sixers.

I opted for the free shipping, but I wish I had sprung for the overnight at this point. :D
  3. slamzilla

Feb 17, 2004
    The pic of the blue 6 is gorgeous! I'm wondering what the string spacing is though. Looks kinda tight and I like to slap.
  4. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I have a Fury 4 and I can vouch for the construction of the instrument. It is very well made. I played the five and found that the string spacing is closer than on the four or on the Yamaha but that didn't bother me. The 5's I played were also well-constructed. I think either one is a good choice but I would probably lean towards the Peavey.