Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha SBV-500 $350 shipped

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by bassmonkeee, Jul 5, 2005.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I picked up this great bass a couple of months ago, but I simply don't play 4 string basses much anymore, at all.

Apart from two scratches to the clear coat on the back (only visible in certain light), it's in amazing shape for a bass that was discontinued a couple of years ago. It has one of the best fretjobs I've seen in the price range. It has a great Jazz Bass sound with very hot pickups (and funky chrome knobs). The neck feels like a nice 60's Fender profile. It's currently set up with Chromes, and kills with a pick.

Oh, and it's got a "love/hate" body style. :D

Some pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics:
    http://www.mindspring.com/~jshew2/forsale/

It plays as well as any Jazz that I've played. If you're looking for something a little different without spending the $$$ for a custom, here's your bass. :bassist:

$300 includes shipping to the 48 contiguous states. No case, or gigbag, but it'll be packed to get to you safely (and insured).

Paypal (from checking account), or MO.

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Bump for new lower priced action!