1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha TRB 1005 / 6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrMe, Mar 1, 2008.

1. MrMe

MrMe

Aug 26, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
    I there someone that can tell me something about those basses?
    Pros and cons?
    Do they work for Melodic Metal/Thrash?

Em

2. MrMe

MrMe

Aug 26, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
    BUMP :D

3. Logans Dad

Logans Dad

Dec 9, 2002
    I have a 1005.

I would not be a good reviewer because I've only owned three basses.

I have a Schecter Custom 5 that I was happy with for about a year. I happened upon the TRB1005 on clearance at a Guitar Center for $450. I played it some and liked it so I figured at that price I couldn't get burned too bad.

The more I played it, I found myself liking it a little better than the Schecter. Nothing wrong with the Schecter at all, I just found the Yamaha fits me and my music a little better. I'll probably put the Schecter up for sale one of these days only because I don't need it now.

Good for metal? I don't know as I only play at church or practice for playing at church. Not much metal going on there.

I do like mine and I'm satisfied with it. As far as a review for comparing it to other basses, I don't have much experience with other basses to do a fair job at that.

Sorry I can't help you more.