1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha TRB 1005 Truss rod adjustment

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by puremusic, Sep 19, 2010.

1. puremusic

puremusic

Nov 1, 2009
    Saginaw, MI
    I have search through old post and I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I will ask. I have owned my TRB 1005 for 4 years and I never had to adjust the trust rod always had great low action even through string changes. I was playing it today after I took it out of it's case and I noticed that I had to press the stings a lot harder than I normally do. To make a long story short it has a slight bow and I would like to know if anyone know the correct size allen tool use in this bass thanks for any help. :help::help:

2. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    IME Buy a set, it's easier (and quite cheap here), you should have the sizes in a say, a 10 piece set + /- for, action adjustment, truss adjustment and maybe one to fit the different size screws Yamaha sometimes use to secure the control knobs, the rest may come in handy for the car/house stuff? :)

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Good sets of metric and SAE allen wrenches are things that every musician needs - and so do homeowners. Get some.

And it's "truss" rod, not trust rod.

4. puremusic

puremusic

Nov 1, 2009
    Saginaw, MI
    Thanks for the replies I do have sets of SAE and metric tools I just do not like putting improper sized tools on the TRUSS rod if I can avoid it, plus I am not able to get any tools I have into the cavity cleanly because of the space is tight against the body. I do know the proper spelling for truss, just look at my heading. Granted I made an error later in the text later, yes even an English teacher can make a mistake.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021