1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha TRB 4-II , any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dex378, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Dex378

Dex378

Jan 22, 2009
    So there is a Yamaha TRB 4-II for sale on ebay I'm looking at for $699. Is that a good price for this bass? The seller says it is mint. Didn't these cost a lot more than that new? Basically I'm asking anyone that owns one if it is worth that price? Thanks a lot!

2. idoker

idoker Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    I owned one about two years ago. I paid $350.00 for mine, and that seems to be the range they go for (give or take a few $$). They are very good basses, but I would in no way pay $699 for it. For $699, you could get a comparable, and new, bass. The major plus to this instrument is that it was made in Japan, unlike the current mid-range Yamaha bass guitars. The choice is yours, obviously, but that price is a little higher than the going rate for that particular bass.

The high-end Yamaha basses are the TRB-P series, the John Patitucci and Nathan East signature models. There are a lot of eBay sellers that want you to think that the Mid-range models they’re selling are the high-end models, but they’re not.

BassBuzzRS likes this.
  3. sandman

sandman

Apr 13, 2004
    Melbourne
    Used to retail for $2799 here in aus, still have some on the wall. Good basses, 35 inch scale, made in Japan, good basses.