1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha TRB-5II or Pedulla Rapture?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassdr, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I have two "deals" working for either a Yamaha TRB-5II, brand new, color of my choice or a used 1999 Pedulla Rapture 5 with soapbar pickup in sunburst. I have played a Rapture at guitar center and the setup was horrible so I didn't like it but have searched the threads and many like this bass. I like the TRB neck and spacing. Anyone ever compare the two head to head?

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

If the Rapture was a PJ or J2, I would say to get it in a heartbeat. I own a J2 5 and it is a great Jazz style 5. The only 'super jazz' that I have played that I like better is a Sadowsky.

I am not familiar enough with the single pickup Rapture to comment on it. I can tell you that Rapture 5's have very good B strings. And Pedulla construction is top notch.

3. No contest. The Rapture is a way better bass. Setup is nothing, any good guitar tech can do it in 15 minutes. The TRB has fairly bland sounding pups, the Rapture has much more of a personality.

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    This is a joke, right?

Go for the Rapture!