Yamaha TRB 6-II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman10, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Hi gang, this is my first post and I wanted to get some opinions on a bass that I just bought on eBay last night the 7th of July. It's a Yamaha TRB 6-II and it's been modified with a bridge piezo pickup installed after-market. I'm wondering what advantages this bridge pickup will give me and also I'd like to get some feedback from you guys as to whether I made a good deal or not.. I paid 760$ US for this instrument, and I saw a couple of net stores that were selling the TRB 6-II for around 2100$US, so any kind of feedback would be greatly appreciated.. How this bass plays, sound, kinds of strings, etc.. give me something to work with.. :meh: Waiting anxiously for some feedback.. Have a great bassy day... :bassist:

2. Welcome to TB. The TRB basses are in general, pretty nice; in particular the TRB-6II is a very nice bass. The piezo just adds another ingredient to the tones available. IMO $760 is a better-than-average price if it's in good shape. Can you post pics?

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021