Yamaha TRB-6P

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ble_rush, Feb 9, 2002.

1. ble_rush

Jun 13, 2001
    Mty, México
    What do you think about the Yamaha TRB-6P?

I have one, but I want to sell it because I never feel confortable playing it, the fingerboard radius is to flat for my taste :p

Don't get me wrong, the bass is excellent but I prefer to play with any of my other two basses :D

What is your opinion about this bass.

2. I just traded my TRB-6P of 2 years for a Conklin GT-7. it was a great bass in that it cut through the mix nicely and I never worried about the weather affecting it (with all those laminations how COULD it?), but the tone wasn't anything I loved and now that my main bass is my 8 string it just didn't really cut the mustard any more. I loved it for teaching, too, since everything played on it came through so cleanly, but it never really killed me, you know? great working bass, though. lots of club time. cut a couple of sessions, too. mine was a little thin sounding. you can check out reviews of this and tons of other basses at http://www.harmony-central.com/Bass.

good luck in the hunt for your new bass. I was lucky to find 2 companies that do everything I need, but looking around can be a lot of fun!

take care,

from the low end,