1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha TRB JP1.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gary Cass, Nov 13, 2018.

1. gary Cass

gary Cass

Apr 20, 2014
    I am in a dilemma. My expensive bass needs some TLC and i don't know what to do.. I bought it used a couple of years ago and paid a lot less for it because of some cosmetic issues,nothing major. It works perfectly well in every area, However i am one of those who like a shiny,spotless instrument..My big question is.. Should i have it refinished proffessionally?? and will it lose value because it will no longer be original..

2. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    Depends on your willpower. Do you think you can stop being a polishing-freak and let a few dings go, or will you say “to hell with MOJO, I need it to look brand new forever!!!”
    ?

3. gary Cass

gary Cass

Apr 20, 2014
    Hey Eastcosteddie,Thanks for you reply.. I am by no mean a polishing freak.Self inflicted damages are acceptable but someone else's hard to take.. What i'm really worried about is,if i ever want to sell it, will it effect the value? (As is or refinished)That's all..