SOLD Yamaha TRB JPII

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dtsamples, Sep 23, 2016.

1. dtsamples

dtsamples Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Wilmington, DE
    Price:
    Strings:
    Got this one about 2 weeks ago. It's too big for me.

Here is the previous ad. Lots of pics and details there:

SOLD - Yamaha TRB JP II

I will call your attention to the nut. It has been filed it looks like for F#-G. I ordered a new brass nut for it which will be included in the sale. It is functional in its current form but slapping or digging in on the E does produce some rattle. I'm pricing the bass lower because the previous owner refunded me money for the nut.

Other than the nut, the bass is slamming. Truss rods work great, Lakland LH3 preamp and Bartolini pups are killer, and the upgraded hardware looks, well, just look at it. Dings here and there detailed in the previous thread, but a slamming looking and sounding bass overall.

Attached Files:

2. Slamming bass at a great price. Someone will be very pleased with this purchase.

dtsamples likes this.
  3. dtsamples

Apr 15, 2010
    Wilmington, DE
    It's a steal for sure. I won't be able to replace it for something I like better at this price.

4. engedi1

engedi1

Sep 16, 2005
    Nashville
    Killer Bass. I would snap this up if I didn't have such small hands. I would love to move into a six someday, but I don't think I can manage this neck.

dtsamples likes this.
  5. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Sweet bass here for sure!!!! Great price too!!!! GLWTS!!

6. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    California Republic
    Are those G6 Bartolini pickups happy with the modified 18mm spacing? In other words, are those pickups "blade" designs such that the altered spacing does not affect gain and tone off of the pickups?

7. dtsamples

Apr 15, 2010
    Wilmington, DE
    I don't think these pickups have pole pieces or anything. They sound great to me, no weirdness at all.

8. dtsamples

Apr 15, 2010
    Wilmington, DE
    y1.jpeg y2.jpeg y3.jpeg y4.jpeg

9. whirledpeas

whirledpeas Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    Nice bass. Top-notch seller!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 18, 2021