Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha TRB Pictures!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funky Doctor, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    Ok. It's official. I am obsessed with TRB's. Let's see some pictures. I'll post mine if you post yours :hyper: (That means I don't have any at the moment).

2. stubbs

stubbs

Jun 30, 2004
    I too am obsessed, I have the money for one, but living in singapore means a lot of tax and i can't get one shipped from the states :crying: so i've worked out a system where all the yamaha store salesmen know me and i can try out any bass that I want hehehe

i want this one, TRB 1006
    [​IMG]

My fav. bass player, danyel morgan of RRFB with his TRB6PII Bubinga
    [​IMG]

3. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    does anybody know the string spacing on the TRB 1006

4. stubbs

stubbs

Jun 30, 2004
    I've played the 1006 for about an hour and a half in stores (i know, i'm going to hell). I'd say about 16-17mm at the bridge, its tighter than the 6PII, 6II and the John Patitucci which is massive. Some say a l'il too tight, but it's perfect for me, i love it!

5. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    Naaah ! I'll pass on this one because 17mm is to tight for me (can't really bite into the notes like I would like) but it is a nice looking bass though . :bassist:

6. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I have been using a TRB 5-string as my main 5 for about 2 years and have tried many others in between. The Yamaha still wins my heart. Only problem with the new TRBs is that they are not made in Japan anymore (I believe they are made now in Taiwan), so the quality is not the same as it used to...

7. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I just lucked into a 1st gen TRB6. Pretty dang sweet bass! Finish is rubbed off in a couple of spots, it's definately been played. Need to intonate it and put some new strings on.

8. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    These basses look fine.
    Too bad, they have so many strings... :p

9. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    Well, pictures anyone? No?

10. I had me a TRB 4... My only complaint: The neck pup would never stay in place. Every 20 minutes I had to screw it back down.

11. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I played a TRB6 just 3 days ago for nearly an hour in a local music store, i thought it was immense in the high extended range, that is, the high C string, but i was totally underwhelmed with the low B.

This was even after going into the music workshop and going through the setup stange by stage with their tech and trying out a vast number of different strings and string guages.

Still, all this said, is there a better 6er from under £900, i dont think so.

12. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
  13. Here I am with my #1.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's a lovely, lovely bass. I currently have it set up with Elixirs and LEDs on the side of the fingerboard, and it has seen stages, theaters, studios etc.

14. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia