Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha TRB1006 + is www.soundslive.co.uk reputable?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jonas., Jun 20, 2005.

1. Jonas.

Jonas.

Jun 2, 2005
    Well, i'm interested in getting a Yamaha TRB1006 off www.soundslive.co.uk so i just wanted to ask a few questions.

First of all, is this the best sixer available for the money in the UK? I know string spacing is tight, but at least thats good for my fairly small hands. What is Yamahas quality control like? i am unable to get this locally so i am having to resort to internet purchasing, so i need to make sure i won't get a shoddy instrument. And finally, the only site i found it on is www.soundslive.co.uk . Has anyone else bought from this website who has good feedback of critisims? (particularly people who have spent over £500)

Thats all for now :)

thanks,

ooooh, just thought of something - does this bass come with a hardcase, because how will they ship it otherwise..?

ok, now i'm done :)

2. *Munkeh*

*Munkeh*

Apr 16, 2005
    London, UK
    I have no idea how good the yam 6 string bass is but i can tell you i bought a yamaha RBX374 from the same website and it's superb! The quality of the instrument is top quality! Yes it is made in china, yes it is hard to believe it is so cheap for an active bass but hell! It does the job. Construction, sound quality, finish, set up is all top notch IMO

Soundslive.co.uk are also great, infact i am getting my custom warwick from them actually :D Spoke to Martin who is the guitar/bass section sales person and he's incredibly helpful, not to mention friendly.

My very first bass was a yamaha BB404 which was also an excellent bass, no problems there either, only sold it because passive basses don't really do it for me and i needed the money for an active bass.

3. Jonas.

Jonas.

Jun 2, 2005
    thanks for the reply, when you say "warwick" and "custom" i assume your talking mega £££ so i guess a lowly yamaha TRB1006 wouldn't mean much to them..

i was just worried they may lure people in by being helpful with cheap stuff, and then conning you on the real deals :p

4. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    They were one of the many people I called whilst looking for an amp, didn't buy from them in the end (got a good deal locally :)) but they seemed friendly enough on the phone, were willing to help.

Generally with shops if you do not order a hard case and it does not specifically come with one, then it will just be shipped in the carton it was delivered to the store in (heavy duty cardboard) which is quite adequate in my experience.

5. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    i know this isnt as realated but u said it was made in china right? im going back to china this summer. do you think i can get it there way way cheaper?

6. soundslive.co.uk is where iv bought quite a few/most of my pedals from. Will probably be investing in some mroe soon too. Delivery is very quick comes next day, if its in stock that is.

Not sure about larger items but would/will buy a Warwick from them in the next 20 years, when i get money.

7. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I'm not sure the string spacing is very tight on the new TRB series, although it seems to be a growing rumor. True, it's probably not as wide as a first generation TRB6 (19mm), but I played a TRB1005 recently and it seemed to have at least 18mm spacing.

Not a bad bass either, good tone and superb playability!

8. Hi there,

the shop soundslive in is my hometown of newcastle upon tyne, i have no first hand experience of their online service, but i have an excellent first hand experience of their instore service, and i can sum it up in one word "terrible" they're uninterested in your business, they're not motivated to help, and they're just unfriendly people, which is really stupid as there is a sound control just across the road, which im sure sees all the money from the customers who found soundslives service to be below par, its an independent store with about 6 members of uninterested staff and its a wonder they haven't gone under.

if you're after a 6 string yamaha in the uk, i know mike mcgibney is currently selling his trb6p , you can catch a link to his add on bassworld here,

http://www.bassworld.co.uk/pn/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2222

9. while i dont have a TRB6 i do have a TRB4II and would recommend the TRBs to anyone. the build quality is second to none IMO - Yamaha have a reputation for top build quality especially for the Japanese made models which the TRBs are. how much is it just out of interest? i paid 600 quid for my 4 on sale in 2000. the bass should almost certainly come in a dlx flight case - im sure this is standard for TRBs. the case is also first rate - mine has travelled internationally and stands up incredibly well to the travel.
    good luck!