Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha TRB1006 - Need some Info

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Phalanx, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx

Apr 4, 2005
    Hi, this bass has caught my eye but I heard the spacing is a little tight, how tight are we talking about because even though I play finger style, I also do slapping quite alot (and Its what I enjoy the most) is this bass nigh on impossible to slap on?

2. Phalanx

Phalanx

Apr 4, 2005
    I find it hard to believe no one here owns one or hasn't played on one

3. I haven't played one because they are new. I have heard that they downgraded a lot from the TrbII. They have tight spacing and aren't made as durable as the older models and the pickups aren't that great. I would just by a used TrbII

4. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    As opposed to what many people think...its not impossible to Slap on an ERB....it just takes a little more getting used to...it can be quite frustating at first, hitting the wrong strings and all. But yea, its not impossible

5. It's the same spacing as the RBX JM2 (which I own), and no it's not impossible to slap on, but if you're going from standard spacing, or have fat fingers, it'll take some getting used too.