Yamaha TRB1006 or Ibanez SR506

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Krinkle5, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Krinkle5

Feb 16, 2006
    Hello: I am a newbie here, I was looking for a six string bass, and i went to a local instrument shop, and the have the two basses mentioned in the tittle the yamaha its around 300 more than the ibanez, I just wanted to ask which would be a better choice? I like both basses because they have the 3 band EQ, I have had played the ibanez before and i liked it, but i dont have any experience with yamahas. Please help me!:help: :help: or i have another choice of a concklin groove tools 7 string for 900 dollars which is the maximum i have the conklin its brand new too. but it seemed huge for me. thanks for your time!
  2. tangobass

Jan 15, 2005
    Buy the yamaha, better construction than Ibanez.Very well made bass.
  3. ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    Well, I'm not really a shill, but I would definately go with the Yamaha. Ibanez basses are well built, entry-level instruments and the same could be said for Yamaha. However, the construction of the Yamaha is much more solid. The stock electronics are really nice and balanced. And the playability, IMHO, is where the Yamaha burys any Ibanez.
    The Conklin is an excellent bass as well. And a seven string bass just plain looks cool! You may also want to check around online, you might find better deals on all of them.