1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha TRB5PII 5-String Neck-Thru Bass, Where do you recomend me to buy it?????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Langueta, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Langueta

Langueta Guest

Jul 9, 2007
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-TRB5PII-5-String-Neck-Thru-Bass?sku=514317

My uncle is travelling to miami..I am from Argentina...
    I need the bass, in one month...I will buy the bass new
    Do you know if there are music stores in miami, mainly miamy beach where he can buy this bass???
    If so where????please send me the web page or telephone number!!!
    (If there are no possibilities to find it in miami....where I can buy it, so they send the bass to miami and he fetch it there)

Thank you very much

2. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
  3. Langueta

Langueta Guest

Jul 9, 2007
    Do you know how many days it takes them to send it????
    He will be staying there for only 2 days...
    Is there any possibility for my uncle to make the transaction in one single payment in cash, when he receives the bass?

4. yamaha NT? now i never seen that before.

about the shipping, why don't u call them and see if they can ship it in 24h...i guess fedEx have that, or UPS right¿?or maybe call someone over there, order the bass and when he goes, he only picks it.or stay more days :D:D

5. Langueta

Langueta Guest

Jul 9, 2007
    Is there any possibility for my uncle to make the transaction in one single payment in cash, when he receives the bass?

6. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    That is called a C.O.D. (Cash on Delivery), call Musician's Friend and ask them if they do that and make the arrangements for shipping. Or they can take your credit card over the phone and ship the bass to where you Uncle will be.

Good luck Bro! That bass is gonna be awesome!

7. Langueta

Langueta Guest

Jul 9, 2007
    Thank you....I am dreaming with these bass...It is a very good oportunity I am having cause here in Argentina this basses cost twice the pirce or even more...and we don´t have access all different brands you have access to...
    here is another thread I made where i am considering other choices...cause I really don´t know very well wich bass will fit to the music I play and cause I don´t have the opportunity to try these wonderfull basses...It will be very helpfull if you can give me other reccomendations.....if you think it they are better instruments...
    here is the other thread
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469488

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Now you have. Here's mine. (Not for sale at all.)

YamahaBody02W.

YamahaFull01W.

9. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    I have a fair number of high-end basses, and none of them are better than the TRB5P-II in any way ... fit, finish, playability and tone. The Yamaha is a little heavier than most, but the sound is superb. You can't go wrong with your choice on this one.

10. Langueta

Langueta Guest

Jul 9, 2007
    Very sexy!!!congratulations!! what basses can be compared to the TRB5P-II ??????

11. Jim Dombrowski

Jim Dombrowski Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Langueta, I don't know if this helps, but this just appeared on BassGear.com:

FS: Early 90's Yamaha TRB-5P Bass Neck Thru $850

I have no affiliation with the seller.

JD

12. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    The TRB5P-II compares to ... jeez, I don't know what. It has sustain for a year, and the piezo pickups can add some bite to the tone. The tone overall is very clean and modern. The high-end Yamahas have what I consider to be a readily-identifiable sound. Listen to something that Nathan East plays on. Tone-wise, I'd say it's closest to my F Bass BN5.