Yamaha TRB5Pii review anybody know of one...?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by noely71, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Hi,

Is anybody able to direct me to a review of the Yamaha TRB5Pii? Can't find one here or anyone else yet... Or it would be great if you could tell me what you think if you have played one

Regards, and a merry christmas,

2. draginon

draginon

Oct 4, 2004
    harmonycentral.com

under bass and product reviews

3. Ozbass

Ozbass

Apr 11, 2005
    Merry Christmas to you too!

I have one of these and it absolutely smokes.
    I may be selling it in the new year and going back to a 4 string, if you are interested.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you some pics and info.

Cheers
    Oz

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I've reviewed mine several times here. In summary, its construction, fit and finish are second to none of my other basses, which include Lakland, Pedulla, Zon and Sadowsky. It has a huge range of tonal variation, especially with the piezoelectric pickups. Because of the neck-through design, it has sustain forever. It'd be a fantastic bass for jazz, but can do pretty much anything else with authority. Here's a couple pics.

5. At last years winter NAMM I checked out just about every bass at the show - which is pretty much every bass available. The TRB5iiP is hands-down my favourite. Too bad I don't have an extra $3,000 sitting around. :crying:

6. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Checked one out when I was in Germany through a Tech Soundsystems rig, man I loved that bass. Very very versatile and every inch the quality instrument the price tag indicates. Pity I don't have the money too eh?

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 24, 2021