1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha TRBX 304

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassplayer315, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Bassplayer315

Bassplayer315 Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2014
    New Jersey
    I just picked up one of these for under $300 bucks over Memorial day weekend and loving the playability and tone options. I was looking for a bass just to keep out and play whenever and have as a back up. I find the bass to be an outstanding value, well built, nice pup's and great fit and finish, I got the mist green color. Any other TRBX players out there. I never had a Yamaha ( always played a J style bass ) but really enjoying this one. TRBX Club anyone.

2. CoR Bass

CoR Bass

Apr 2, 2014
    Austin, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Conklin Basses, Ashdown Amplifiers, Morley Pedals
    I think those are great basses, especially for the money. If I didn't but a new 5 string a couple of months ago, I would totally get the TRBX305, in Mist Green too. Nice find, enjoy!

3. DarrellM5

DarrellM5

Jun 14, 2014
    Central Nevada
    I'm a total bass newbie but I just picked up a pewter 305 yesterday. Didn't get a manual with it though and Yamaha hasn't updated the manuals on their website. I compared it to quite a few different bass guitars, including the TRBX505, and it easily won in my book (especially for the price).

BTW, how do I make sure I'm not draining the battery, or in other words, what turns it on and off.

4. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    Having a cord plugged into the bass drains the battery so make sure to unplug it when you're not using the bass. I had the TRBX304 but decided to trade it. It's a very nice bass with a very nice set of tones, I was maybe not sold on the action (as in I couldn't get it super low like I could with a Fender). Unfortunately for the TRBX, there was a Fender JP-90 that someone wanted to trade and being that I live in a small town, a chance to pick one of those up is very slim. So I made an equal trade and maybe in the future may consider the TRBX again.

5. Just make sure it's unplugged from the amp when you're done playing.

On that note, tried a white 304 in store a couple of days ago. I was pleasantly surprised, would probably be nicer if I didn't feel like a fish out of water on anything less than 5 strings.

6. DarrellM5

DarrellM5

Jun 14, 2014
    Central Nevada
    Thanks for the replies. I'm so new at Bass that I have no idea how the action should feel. I'll look up some specs and check it out. I setup my own guitars so a bass should be similar. I'm also up for a TRBX club.

7. marh415

marh415

Nov 30, 2013
    RI
    I'm a beginner and have the TRBX304 in Mist Green as well! I have yet to find a Bass in the same price range that beats the quality and sound of it. I just started taking lessons and even my instructor can't believe how nice they are for $350.

8. I own a TRBX305 for a couple of months and I'm very happy with it. Super well build. I put I nice set of ghs pressurewounds in it rock's.

9. How are you finding your bass today? Or did you get a new one? If yes, why?
    I'm "shopping" for a new bass and this is one of the contenders along with Sire, CV/VM, TMB and Action DLX+.