1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha TRBX 304

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wishface, Jul 28, 2016.

1. wishface

wishface

Jan 27, 2012
    What is the consensus on this instrument? Is it durable? In tune? Etc? It's a relatively cheap instrument (YMMV), but I'm considering one. Thanks

2. These guys like them.

Arnel M., marh415 and kartiste like this.
  3. marh415

marh415

Nov 30, 2013
    RI
    I really like mine, it was my first bass 4 years ago and has served me well. No issues to speak of, good selection of tones via the selector switch if that's your thing. Fit and finish were better than it's competition IMO. I would definitely buy it again if I had to do it again. Here is a good video of it in action.

Arnel M. and Artman like this.
  4. Resonance129

Resonance129

Feb 15, 2011
    Georgia
    I love mine. It was my second bass purchase and I can honestly say, I learned most of what I now know on it. Plenty of tonal options, especially with the combination of a 5-way EQ switch AND the 2 band EQ knobs. Nice slim neck, relatively lightweight, and they look pretty cool.
    The pickups are not that great, IMO, and the tuner stability could be better. And without a battery LED, when the battery goes bad, you're basically screwed until you switch it out.
    BUT considering fit/finish/quality, matched with the price of the instrument, overall, you can't beat the TRBX304.

Artman likes this.