1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha TRBX304 VS TRBX504 / Yamaha VS Ibanez

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by acoustic58, Mar 29, 2015.

1. acoustic58

acoustic58

Mar 18, 2015
    Any Yamaha bass fans out there that have played either or both of these models. I am trying to see what the difference between these two models are besides a $150.00 increase for the 504. What I do know is that the 304 has a switch that allows 4 preset tones to be created. The 504 does not offer that but instead offers a switch that allows you to go back and forth between active and passive. ( there are a few people complaining about that switch either breaking or not working correctly and those complaints came out in 2015) Both models basically look the same. I am narrowing this upcoming purchase down to a couple guitars and they are the Ibanez SR300/Sr400/YamahaTRBX304 or the 504.

Not that it makes a difference in how it sounds but I noticed that on the neck of the Yamaha 504, the dots on the neck are not positioned in the middle of the neck but instead off center. Being a guitar player for over 30 years and being around all types of gear, I have never seen this before. It looks very odd to me but I guess Yamaha doesn't feel the same way.

If anyone has any personal info they would like to share regarding their experience with any of these bass guitars, please feel free to send them my way.

Thank You,

Bob

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015