Yamaha TRBX604FM Weight?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shak_2112, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Shak_2112

Shak_2112

Jun 20, 2019
    Hi, does anyone know the approximate weight if this bass please?

I want a lightweight bass and this is a serious contender but cannot find an legitimate source for the approximate weight anywhere.

I messaged a retailer and they confirmed that it’s 5.4kg! But other sources have said 3.5kg! Can’t be that much difference.

I’m looking at the natural satin model not sure if there is weight differences between the models/finishes? Thanks

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  2. krizalidzero

krizalidzero

Aug 21, 2019
    I don't know, but I can tell you it feels impossibly light.

3. Shak_2112

Shak_2112

Jun 20, 2019
    That what I keep reading - do you have the natural satin finish? I might just order it

4. krizalidzero

krizalidzero

Aug 21, 2019
    Sorry, I have never seen that color in person! But the ones I've seen all look good IMO.

5. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

Kraft Music had these on sale.
    Might be over by now.

6. RitterSport

RitterSport

Apr 20, 2020
    Mine is 8.6 pounds, including a pretty hefty 3-inch leather strap. So, probably under 8.5 pounds?

I have the red/black one. Enjoying it so far!

7. Shak_2112

Shak_2112

Jun 20, 2019
    So I ordered it and it weighs 4.1kg (9.04 pounds), which is considerably more than I expected.

Maybe I got a heavy one : (

I'm going to return it unfortunately - it's an unbelievably amazing bass to be fair and I would keep it if I could but it's just not required as I'm only looking for a lightweight bass currently.

I would recommend it though - it's very comfortable to play when sitting and has a great sound - the strings that come on it are not great and it'll need a proper set up (like almost all basses unless you are paying big money).

8. RitterSport

RitterSport

Apr 20, 2020
    Yeah, the initial setup was pretty bad on mine, but I found a luthier and it's all good now. Sorry it's too heavy for you! Weights seem to vary quite a bit. I guess the wood density can vary.

If you look on Sweetwater, they weigh their more popular basses and the same model can be all over the place.

9. Shak_2112

Shak_2112

Jun 20, 2019
    Yeah I noticed that - I never really thought about whether weight could vary so much for the same instrument before but it makes sense given the natural material! I'm finding Sweetwater a great little resource for researching weights now!

RitterSport likes this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021