1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha truss rod tool?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Arnold, Jan 3, 2012.

  1. Arnold

    Arnold Supporting Member

  2. Ingratil


    Jun 13, 2011
    Hey i also bought a yamaha not too long ago and had the same problem. I used a tool called ''dado'' in spanish but i think you guys call them ´´socket wrench´´. I think you can buy those at hardware stores =) good luck.
  3. Arnold

    Arnold Supporting Member

  4. Just got a reply from a mate of mine who's got a BB414 that he says needs a 5mm hex wrench/Allen key.

    The truss rod on his is adjusted from the heel end of the neck & there's a slight wrinkle in that a standard key won't fit in the little pocket provided so about 1/4" needs taking off the end of the wrench with a Dremel (that or you have to take the neck off to make any adjustment).

    There's a possibility that '70s Yams & more recent ones take different sized keys, so it's probably wise to get a Metric set that covers 5, 5.5 & 6mm as well as 2 or 2.5mm for the bridge saddles.


Share This Page