Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by danqi, May 21, 2001.

1. danqi

May 21, 2001
    i am about to buy my first bass and a just wanted to ask you what you think of the yamaha bbg4s II, espacially compared to other basses of that price range.

thank you,
  2. Hi Orthanc.

Welcome to Talk Bass.

Nice to get that first post in, eh? Even better when someone replies.....

To be honest I've not tried that bass. However I'm currently looking seriously at a BBN4III. That is, I think, the model down from the one you're considering with the basic difference being the actives in the 'G'.

I guess some of the info you're after might be in my post about the '4III: it's on page 4 of this board at the moment. I've also posted for help and info on Yamahas generally. Why not look out that too?

I've got to say that, from what I've seen so far, and from the kind help from the guys on these boards, Yamahas take some beating for the price. The only thing I haven't done yet is to play a Yamaha....the acid test, I guess.

I've learned today, too, that Yamaha are bringing out some new basses very soon (I'm in UK). At one time, so I was led to believe, my possible BBN4III was only available @ a certain price in the natural Ash body. Now, I understand, it's also available in solid colours @ same price.

So I reckon there's some great Yamaha bargains to be had. If you're up for that bass, then why not get one? I'm sure the '4III will be very high on my list, hopefully very soon.

Best regards.

Rockin John