Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Aug 2, 2001.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i started to play in a local band known for furious gigs and aggressive music. i'm afraid for my basses because the guys in the band destroy their equipment alive. so i need a good sounding cheap bass. i'm interested in the yamaha attitude plus

and in the yamaha rbx 270

because they are available here in italy for cheap. can you tell me the difference in terms of sound? is the attitude plus a good sounding p bass? thanks
  2. Barroso, paisano mio, I myself haven't played either,
    but, I've heard others guys play them in Music stores and my vote would be for the RBX. It's got two pickups and it looks wilder than the Attitude which, could be mistaken for a Precision. The RBX neck is also more like a Gibson's.

Mike J.
  3. Is it just me or does the pick guard on the Attitude look a lot like a pick guard from a Strat?
  4. BassGrowl

Jul 30, 2001
    lets see, i would go for the RBX270 or RBX260, the RBX260 was one of my first basses and i still love it, better looking and sounding the the anniversary (just my opinion), the RBX's are great basses, not the best, but they have a great low price and sound awesome for the price. They have a longer neck than the Anniversary, 24 fret than 21. It has an additional pick-up, and cool looks. I would go for the RBX260 or RBX270, but i wouldnt destroy mine :). have fun!